PageSubHeading: Community Living is always looking for determined, exceptional people to join our team.
If you are interested in a career with Community Living-Central Huron, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
Mail or in person:
Community Living-Central Huron
PO Box 527
267 Suncoast Dr E
Become a Self Employed Contract Worker
A Self Employed Contract Worker/Community Mentor is chosen by an individual or family to provide 1:1 support to work towards their goals; to build skills, independence and to connect to natural supports in the community. This role is to assist individuals to serve in valued social roles.
DSW Apprenticeship Program
The DSW Apprenticeship Program allows employees to continue in their employment while receiving credit for their hours of work through a on the job training model and, on a part-time basis, attend classes for the schooling part of the Apprenticeship.
The DSW Apprenticeship Toolkit created by the DS HR Strategy provides a comprehensive resource for:
- Direct Support Professionals who are considering pursuing the DSW Apprenticeship Program,
- Current Apprentices,
- DS Employers, and
- Employer Sponsors.
Information from a variety of different sources has been consolidated to create a go-to resource for any questions related to the DSW Apprenticeship Program. The Toolkit is organized as a series of questions relevant to Apprentices, Employers, or both, and is designed to:
- Describe the benefits of the Apprenticeship Program
- Assist Apprentices and Employer Sponsors in navigating the Apprenticeship Program
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the various stakeholders
- Provide relevant tools and resources
- Describe best practices in supporting, promoting, and being successful in the Apprenticeship Program
To access the DSW Apprenticeship Program Toolkit : Click Here