Community Partcipations Supports (CPS) is an individualized strength-based approach to providing person-directed planning for inclusive community participation. There are two programs available under this umbrella, Foundations and Passport Administration Services.
Foundations Huron is an innovative service which provides the opportunity for young adults to make a successful transition from high school to life in their community. The program provides planning, encouragement, and support to develop choices about future life directions.
How to Get Involved?
- All requests for service must go through Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) at 1-855-437-6797.
Who can participate?
- Adults with a developmental disability who are experiencing transition and/or exiting secondary school system.
- Adults requiring supports and a plan to meet personal goals.
- Individuals and families who are willing to play an active role in the transition process.
- Individuals residing in Huron County.
How will Foundations work?
- “Person-Directed Planning” and goal setting.
- Community Collaboration and Partnership.
- Implementation of time-limited goal-oriented supports.
- Development of a personalized “Exit Plan”.
Community components may include:
- Further education and personal development.
- Self-advocacy and leadership training.
- Volunteer opportunities in community settings.
- Social involvement in community leisure and recreation services.
- Opportunities to develop life skills that utilize the communities’ infrastructure.
The benefits of participating in Foundations are:
- Setting and achieving personal goals.
- Learning new skills.
- Increasing employment, volunteer and social opportunities.
- Becoming an involved member of your community.
- Strengthening ties, and meeting new friends.
- Having input and support from your family.
- Choosing your future!
Foundations Huron is a partnering project sponsored by the following organizations:
- Community Living-Central Huron
- Community Living South Huron
- Community Living Wingham & District
Suggestions of sample invoices used by families:
Foundations Huron - Building Inclusive Communities15 Rattenbury Street East, P.O. Box 1581, Clinton, ON N0M 1L0
519.482.9955 | email@example.com
VOICES 2.0 is a self-advocacy training designed to provide individuals with a developmental disability the tools and confidence to speak up for themselves and recognize their rights.
VOICES 2.0 supports people to feel confident in directing their lives and being active members in their communities.
VOICES 2.0 workshops run for six sessions - 2 hours in length with different topics each week. Materials and interactive activities are geared towards the learning strengths of the group to provide a creative, supportive and confidential environment.
Voices 2.0 Topics
- Communication/Personal Rights
- Building Relationships
- Expressions of Emotions
View Our Voices 2.0 and Tough Talk Information Sheet
Passport Administration Services (PAS)
Recipients of Ministry Passport funding can choose to either self-direct their funds or pay an agency of their choice an administration fee to assist them in managing their individualized funding.
Passport Administration Services (PAS) asssists people who have Ministry Passport Funding to administrer and manage their individualized funds. When an individual chooses PAS they are assisted to create a person-directed plan for community participations.
Why Choose Us?
When an individual chooses PAS a 10% administration fee will be charged to receive the following services:
- Discussion about the changes to the Passport Guidelines (e.g. admissible vs. inadmissible expenses),
- Assistance in creating a person-directed community participation plan and updating the plan if your goals have changed,
- Discussion about purchasing services from other Communiy Living-Central Huron programs if desired (e.g. Respite),
- Assistance in recruiting, screening and makeing connections with self-employed contract workers,
- Assistance in drafting an agreement between yourself and you contract worker(s),
- Providing reimbursement to your contract worker(s) monthly on your behalf and invoiceing CSCN to offset costs,
- Acting as a resource to various questions that may arise,
- Processing requests for reimbursement and/or processing invoices for eligible expenses based on your plan (e.g. admissions, memberships),
- Monitoring your dollars to ensure spending is in line with your plan,
- Assistance in reviewing plans as needed,
- Providing quarterly reports to you.
Passport Administrative Services - "Opening Doors"
15 Rattenbury Street East, PO Box 1581, Clinton ON N0M 1L0