PageSubHeading: Check in to this page as it will be frequently updated with exciting new events!
30th Annual Heartwarming Lunch
An annual fundraising event of the Board of Directors, the Heartwarming Lunch has been held the Friday before Valentine’s Day at the Royal Canadian Legion in Goderich. Celebrating 30 years!
The 2017 Heartwarming Luncheon served over 800 lunches in partnership with the Dave Mounsey Memorial Fund.
11th Annual Last Light Photo Show & Sale
- Categories for 2018 are as follows: Weather Event; Colour - Black & White; and the #11 (image of 11, not an item count).
- Photos must be 5" x 7" or 8" x 10" in size.
- Photos must not be framed.
- Each photo must be accompanied by a completed Entry Form.
- Photo(s) and entry form(s) can be dropped off at the Goderich Library or Community Living-Central Huron.
- Photos will not be returned and may be sold.
- This show is open to everyone under the sun.
Click here for the 2018 Entry Form. The deadline for submission is Friday, April 27, 2018.
Since its inception in 2007, the Last Light Photo Show & Sale continues to gain interest with photo enthusiasts. This initiative was spearheaded by the Huron Camera Club and Jenna Ujiye, in memory of their friend, Sarah Mann. Sarah was a founding member of the Huron Camera Club, employee of the Goderich Signal-Star and supporter of Community Living-Central Huron. She became involved with the Agency as a journalist and photographer covering various events; this led to her to becoming a volunteer. Initially, the Show invited submissions of sunsets or “last light” photos. Submissions were judged and the photos were made available for purchase with proceeds donated to CL-CH.
Last year, 68 entries were submitted. The event is sponsored by MacEwan & Feagan Insurance Brokers Limited, Lighthouse Money Management and the Goderich Signal-Star.
Congratulations to the winners: Tracy Meurs and Barb Storey.
All proceeds from this fundraising event will be directed to Community Living-Central Huron.
Gerbera Daisy Fundraiser
- Coordinated by the Employment Support Program.
- $5.00 per pot.
- Available in a variety of colours.
- Advanced orders are encouraged.
- Plants will be sold from the Activity Centre during regular office hours.
- For more information, call the Admin. Office at 519-524-7362.
Thursday, May 10, 2018 - 7pm - Libro Community Hall, 239 Bill Fleming Drive, Clinton ON
Hosted by Foundations Huron and presented in partnership with Community Living-Central Huron, Community Living Wingham & District, Community Living South Huron and Community Living Kincardine and District.
Dream Big is an evening of celebration of inclusion, reaching goals, overcoming obstacles and dreaming big! Join us as we celebrate the strengths, gifts and talents of all people.
Presenters and ticket information coming soon!
12th Annual Goderich & District Golf Classic
June 14 & 15, 2018 - Goderich Sunset Golf Club
- Practice Round on Thursday, June 14th
- Tournament on Friday, June 15th
- Invitations will be mailed the beginning of April.
Every year, Community Living-Central Huron teams up with the Goderich Sunset Golf Club to offer a golf tournament. Over two days, participants are offered 18 holes of practice and tournament play with hole in one competitions, dinner, and live and silent auctions.
The proceeds from the first (2007) and second tournaments were put towards the purchase of a wheelchair van for the Agency. In 2008, the funds raised were used to renovate one of Community Living-Central Huron’s residential locations to make it fully accessible. The 4th Annual Goderich & District Golf Classic provided funds to make extensive renovations to the washrooms at the Activity Centre. The Centre now has fully accessible washrooms. Proceeds from the 5th and 6th Annual Tournament were part of a two year commitment to purchase a wheelchair accessible van. The 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th Annual Goderich & District Golf Classic provided funds to purchase another van, parking lot renovations and a donation to the Huron Respite Network. $212,000 has been raised in 10 years.
The Agency is very grateful to the many dedicated supporters of this event. We couldn’t do it without you!
If interested in becoming a sponsor or playing in the tournament, please contact Community Living-Central Huron at 519-524-7362.
Annual General Meeting & Dinner
- As usual, the AGM & Dinner will be held at the Lakeshore United Church, 56 North Street in Goderich. Dinner starts at 6:00 pm.