Location Health & Safety Representatives
A Location Health & Safety Representative (LHSR) has been secured for each work location.
Please note, the name of the LHSR will be posted in each respective work location.
Team A: Shore Crescent
Team A: Suncoast Drive West
Team B: Oxford Street
Team B: South Street
Team C: Palmerston Street
Team C: North Street
Team C: McDonald Street
Team C: 267 Suncoast Drive
Team D: Britannia Road
Team D: Picton Street East
Clinton: 15 Rattenbury St.
Hot Topic - Healthy Workplaces
Bringing Health, Work and Wellness Together
We all play a part in making workplaces healthy and safe.
There is a strong connection between the health and well-being of people and their work environments. When people feel valued, respected and satisfied in their jobs and work in safe, healthy environments, they are more likely to be more productive and committed to their work. When the workplace is unsafe, stressful or unhealthy, ultimately both the organization and the employees are hurt. Everyone benefits from a healthy workplace.
To view more tips, visit www.ccohs.ca.
LifeWorks - Employee Assistance Program
LifeWorks is available 24/7 with confidential support and resources to help you manage issues related to work, life and everything in between.
These services are available to all employees. Speak to your Supervisor or Administrative Coordinator to receive a LifeWorks card and login information.
Everyone should be able to work without fear of violence or harassment, in a safe and healthy workplace.
Changes to Ontario's Occupational Health and Safety Act - effective June 15, 2010 - strengthen protections for workers from workplace violence and address workplace harassment. They apply to all workplaces to which the Act currently applies.
Defining workplace violence:
- The exercise of physical force by a person against a worker, in a workplace, that causes or could cause physical injury to the worker.
- An attempt to exercise physical force against a worker, in a workplace, that could cause physical injury to the worker.
- A statement or behaviour that it is reasonable for a worker to interpret as a threat to exercise physical force against the worker, in a workplace, that could cause physical injury to the worker.
Rights and Responsibilities:
Everyone in a workplace has a role to play in ensuring it is safe, healthy and free of violence and harassment. Workers have the same rights and responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act for violence prevention as they do for other hazards in a workplace. They must report potential workplace hazards to employers.
Telling your Employer:
Workers should report threats or incidents of workplace violence to the employer.
For more information on Workplace Violence visit:
* the Ministry of Labour's website at: www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/hs
* Ontario Health and Safety Association website at: www.healthandsafetyontario.ca